- 1 packet - Puchka or poori
- 1 lemon sized ball of tamarind
- 3 cups - water
- 1 tbsp - Corainder leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp - Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp - Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp - Dry roasted Zeera powder
- 1/2 tsp - Black salt
For the masala:
- 2 Big - Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup - Dry peas, cooked and slightly mashed
- 1 - Big Onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup - Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp - Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Boil the water with the tamarind for few minutes. Strain it and chill the water.
- Once chilled, mix all the ingredients. The measure of ingredients may vary from person to person. Some people like it extremely spicy thus add lots of chilly powder and at times, green chilly paste. You may add pudina paste if you like the flavor. I ike it sour so I put lots of chaat masala and aamchur too.
- To make the masala, mix all the ingredients into the cooked and mashed potatoes and peas.
- Make holes on the pooris. Fill the masala and dip it into the water and gulp!!