Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dahi wale Aloo


Potato is one of those vegetables which is inevitable in our diet. There cannot be a single day when I dont peel, boil, cut or mash potatoes. Thanks to my Hubby. Now, my husband and I are extremes on this issue-POTATO!! He loves it and I do not prefer it. Now tell me how can one eat potato every other day? But guess what I have been having it very fruequently that now I have started innovating with it so that it makes sense to my taste buds too!! Dahi wale Aloo is one such innovation which camouflages the taste of Potato and both of us are happy(he has his share of potato and I have a curry which is tasty!!)

Ingredients:
  • 300 gms - Potatoes, boiled and pealed
  • 1 tbsp - Oil
  • 1 tsp - Zeera or Cumin
  • 5-8 Nos - Black peppercorns
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Paste of 1 big Onion
  • 2 Nos - Green chillies, slit
  • 1 tsp - Ginger-garlic paste
  • 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
  • 1 tsp - Red Chilly Powder
  • 2 tsp - Coriander Powder
  • 1 cup - Curd
  • 2 tsp - Ghee or Butter
  • 1/3 cup - Coriander leaves, chopped
  • Salt to taste
Method:
  • Heat oil in a pan. Put cumin seeds, pepper and bay leaf and saute.
  • Add the onion paste and saute till golden brown. Add the Ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and saute for a minute.
  • Add the red chilly, turmeric, coriander powder and saute. Add salt.
  • Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes and add it into the masala. Let the potatoes get coated in the masala.
  • Now add the beaten curd and let it cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Its necessary that you stir frequently, otherwise it might curdle. Add a pinch of sugar if the curd is too sour. Add water if required to loosen the gravy.
  • Now add the ghee or butter and garnish with coriander leaves.
  • Serve hot with rotis or naan.

No comments: