I generally make this soup on one of those damp rainy days and pour it my coffee mug and sip and slurp it standing in the balcony of our apartment. And unknowingly I am taken back to my MBA days in Bangalore, when my roomie and I used to sneak and prepare Maagi chicken noodle soup using our electric heater(which was supposedly banned in the hostel due to the bombastic bills) during one of those wintery nights and sip it from our mugs snuggling inside the blankets. We used to have those soups after our dinner just to keep us awake till 2 in night so that we could yap, gossip and bitch about the whole world laying asleep outside our room.
- 1 - Chicken breast/Thigh
- 2 cups - Water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder according to your taste
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- 1 tbsp - Cornflour
- 1/4 cup - Carrot & beans chopped
- 1/4 cup - Noodles, cooked and strained
- 1/2 tsp - Oregano
- Cook the chicken in the water till soft. Strain the chicken and keep aside. Keep the broth, season it with salt. Shred the the cooked chicken.
- Heat some butter in a pan and and saute the shredded chicken well. Add salt and pepper also. Keep it aside.
- Heat some more butter in the same pan and saute the cornflour till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the chopped carrots and beans and saute once again. Add the chicken pieces also. Add the broth into the pan and bring it to boil. Simmer and stir it for a while till it starts turning thick.
- Just 2 minutes before turning off the gas, add the cooked noodles and bring it to boil again.
- Season with Oregano and serve hot.