I still remember my schooldays and mostly the lunch break time. We used to eagerly wait to see whats in our friend's tiffin box. Out of all sorts of food I have tasted from my friends/gangs dabbas, my all time favorite had been carrot rice, which one of my friend used to bring. Whenever I asked for the recipe both she and her mother used to keep mum. I still wonder why? So, one day I decided to try it out on my own. Now, the version I have here might not be the replica of my friends mom's carrot rice but it surely taste good. These days whenever I am at home alone and lazy to prepare a whole meal I go for something like this- quick and yummy!!
- 1 cup - Rice, cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
- 1 tsp - Fennel or Saunf
- 1 - Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 No - Big carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp - Red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup - Coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a kadhai with the ghee. Splutter the saunf and saute the onions till transparent
- Add the carrot and saute till cooked. Add in the chilly powder and salt. Saute
- Add the cooked rice and mix well till the moisture in the rice is completely gone.
- Garnish it with the chopped coriander leaves.
- You may serve it hot with anything like aachar, curd, pappad or have it just like that.