I had prepared dosa batter the previous night like almost all saturday nights!! Yesterday when I saw that the batter had not risen, I was shaken!! It had never happened..my dosa batters were always perfect.. It was probably the damp and cold monsoon morning which hindered the rising of the batter!! It rained all through the night.. Like how I was lazy to rise up, probably my batter was also lazy to rise!! I was all worried..what now?? And then enters my hubby as an Angel to solve the problem...This is the story of that Sunday dosa!!
- Dosa Batter - Quantity depends on how many yummy dosas you can eat!!
- Salt to taste
- Oil or ghee
- Chutney podi
For Egg Topping :
- 2 - Eggs, Beaten with chopped onions, green chillies and salt
For Veges topping:
- Tomatoes, Onions, green Chillies, Curry leaves - Chopped very finely
For the veges Uthappam:
- Heat a flat non stick pan. Smear it with very little oil and when hot pour a laddle full of batter and spread it on to the pan in a circular motion to make a little thick dosa.
- Put the topping lavishly on to the dosa and pour some oil on to the sides and top. Sprinkle some salt and sprinkle the chutney podi lavishly on top of it. When the other side is cooked / golden brown turn the dosa carefully and cook the side with the topping for just a minute. Serve hot
For the egg uthappam
- Pour a laddle full of batter on to the hot tawa and spread it on to the pan in a circular motion to make a thin dosa. Turn the dosa and let it cook on both sides.
- Pour the beaten egg with seasoning on to the dosa and pour some oil on to the sides and let it cook. Turn again and let it cook for half a minute and serve hot