- 1/2 cup - Semiya or Vermicelli
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- 2-3 cups - Toned Milk
- 1/2 cup - Sugar (or according to your taste)
- 2 pods - Cardamom, powdered
- 1 Tbsp - Ghee
- 10 - 15 nos - Raisins
- 5 - 10 nos - Cashew nuts
- 4 - Pista, blanched and chopped
- 4 - Almonds, dry roasted
- A pinch of Saffron
- 3 Tbsp - Condensed milk
- Pour the milk into a saucepan for boiling. In the meantime, heat a pan with n1 Tbsp of ghee and roast the vermicelli till it turns light brown in color
- When the milk boils, simmer it and add the semiya and let it cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes and add the sugar and stir well. Let it boil and then simmer till it start getting thick. Now add the condensed milk and turn off the gas when you feel the right consistency has reached. Add the cardamom powder and stir.
- Roast the raisins and cashew nuts till golden brown and add to the payasam and add the blanched pista and toasted almonds too. Sprinkle the saffron strands and mix well.
- Serve hot or even chilled.
It may thicken when it cools down, so add boiled hot milk to loosen it up. Also make sure you adjust the sugar content then.