"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well"
Thats such a beautiful statement written by Virgina Woolf and its just so perfect for me. The best meal I had in this season was the dinner on the last day of our trip to Kerala in September. It was the simplest meals yet the best ever one can have. I at times think how lucky am I to get married to a family who loves food and loves to cook and eat, the same way I do!! I should also confess at this point of time that the love for food and urge to learn new things was a result of my marriage and introduction of me to this new family of mine!!
- 1 handful of Prawns, cleaned and deveined
- ¼th of a Coconut, cut as chunks not grated
- 1-2 - Kanthari mulakku or Green Chilly
- 1 tsp – Chathacha mulakku (Red Chilly flakes)
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- 1-2 – Shallots
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Coconut Oil
- Cook the prawns for exactly 2 minutes in water and salt.
- Coarsely grind the all the ingredients together without adding water.
- Mix the coconut oil and serve immediately with Kanji or Kerala rice!! Worlds best and simplest meal!!
**Note: The meaurements of the prawns and coconut is not very precise as it depends upon an apporximation and also the size of the coconut and prawns. Please adjust the measurement of both according to the your taste. In our family, we prefer to have the flavor of prawns to stand out and mostly all who love prawns would like it that way.