The first time my husband made it I was shocked to see the number of green chillies he put in the curry.. But then I realised that the flavour the chillies gave was just superb!!
- 1 cup - Curd
- 1/2 cup - Grated coconut
- 5-6 - Green chillies(depending upon your taste)
- 2 pinches - Zeera / Zeera powder
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tadka
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 2 - dry chillies
- 1 - sprig curry leaf
- Grind the grated coconut, green chillies, zeera and garlic into a very fine paste. Add required water.
- Whisk the curd and mix in the coconut paste into the curd.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, Chillies and curry leaves.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the curd into the pan and stir well.
- Place the pan on low flame and keep stirring to avoid curdling of the curd for around 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.